In these difficult times, at Europatat we are proud of our members and potato traders in all branches who are stepping up to the plate and working hand in hand with the other actors in the food supply chain to ensure everyone in Europe has access to safe and quality potatoes.
We would like to extend a particularly warm thank you to all those #foodheroes of the European potato supply chain that are:
- Working around the clock to ensure a daily delivery of potatoes to consumers while keeping human health of employees as their number one concern;
- Donating hundred of thousands of fresh and frozen potato products to food banks and other national entities helping needy families and avoiding food waste;
- Providing daily meals to the health workers on the front line of the battle against COVID-19;
- Offering simple and nutritious recipes so that eating at home is made attractive and fun for all households during the lockdown.
At the association’s level, Europatat COVID-19 task-force, which includes regular contacts between the Secretariat and the Board, has been put in action to support our members and the potato sector in general through:
- Monitoring of the situation both in terms of European Union response to the crisis, as well as on the ground information from different sources;
- Collaboration with other partners in the chain to raise awareness of the difficulties and requests for the sector;
- Contacts with the authorities to share information and propose measures to support the sector.